Can Dogs Eat Chocolate
- Dogs can not eat chocolate
Can dogs eat chocolate?
you may ask yourself can my dog eat chocolate?
Dogs can not eat chocolate!
This is one of the most asked questions from dog owners. Though people enjoy the sweet taste of chocolates, it can be toxic to dogs and should never be given to them even in small amounts. Chocolates contain a toxic substance called theobromine which can cause arrhythmias, tremors, seizures and even death. It is very toxic to your dogs that even a leftover icing can cause vomiting and diarrhea.
It would be best to keep all your chocolates to yourself and lock them up in a safe place. Dogs can easily smell chocolates especially the one that has already been opened. Some of them even have some clever ways on how to get the chocolate once they know where it is hidden.
If your dog accidentally ate a piece of chocolate, it would be best to induce vomiting and give multiple dose of activated charcoal. Bring your dog to the nearest vet clinic to start other medical interventions such as IV fluids, sedatives to keep the dog calm, some antacids to keep the stomach protected and some cardiac drugs which will decrease your dog’s heart rate and blood pressure. Remember to never give your dogs any chocolates, even 2 or 3 pieces of M&M’s can be fatal.
Post by: Adrian Sau