Like Us On facebook

Dogs Eat

All About What Dogs Eat

Can dogs eat raisins

Can dogs eat raisins

  • Dogs can NOT eat raisins

Can dogs eat raisins?

you may ask yourself can my dog eat raisins?

Dogs can NOT eat raisins!

Raisins, aren’t they delicious and yummy? Do you munch raisins every now and then and even don’t mind giving one or two to your canine friend? Have you ever given a thought whether dogs can eat raisins or not?

As a dog owner you must be well aware and conscious of the food items that your dog can and cannot eat. If you are careless, you are actually risking the life of your pet dog. Do you know if your dog consumes raisins, it can lead to serious sickness and ultimately your pet will die?

Don’t ever treat your dog with raisins because even small quantity of it causes toxicity and in severe cases it is fatal too. It sounds scary, right? But this is the reality. In case you have given raisins to your dog in last twelve hours, rush your dog to the veterinarian immediately and seek medical help.

What happens when a dog eat raisins? Within 12 hours you will find the dog vomiting, or suffering from diarrhea, becomes hyperactive and jittery, loss of appetite, lethargy and weakness. Eating raisins might cause renal failure that results in death.

Your dog will suffer from acute abdominal pain, stop urinating and become extremely dehydrated and have breathing troubles. Whenever you notice the symptoms it is better to consult the veterinarian as soon as possible.

The best way to prevent such unwanted situation is prevention. Keep raisins far away from the reach of dogs and keep your four legged friend safe and sound.

Post by: Adrian Sau



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>