Can Dogs Eat Mushroom
- Dogs can NOT eat mushroom
Can dogs eat mushroom?
you may ask yourself can my dog eat mushroom?
Dogs can NOT eat mushroom!
There are other foods that you can give your dog beside from dog food and mushroom is not one of them. Some people might even say that mushrooms can kill your dog. This is quite true since the mushroom that your dog ate probably came from the yard or someplace else. These mushrooms can be poisonous and can be harmful to your dogs. Most mushrooms can cause vomiting, seizure and even coma to your dog. It is best advised that dogs should not be given any kind of mushrooms even if it is edible.
Some dogs might even develop allergic reactions to mushroom. Mushrooms can also have a fatal effect depending on the breed and size of your dog. Some dogs might just have a simple stomach ache problem while others can be seriously affected.
Some people might say that if the mushroom can be eaten by people, then it is safe to give to your dogs as long as it is cooked properly. Though there is still no scientific evidence that this claim is true, most pet owners would not take the risk of even allowing their dogs to eat a mushroom even though it is cooked. A lot of pet experts have included mushroom as one of the must not eat food for dogs.
If you caught your dog nibbling some mushrooms in the lawn it would be best to remove the mushroom and induce vomiting to your dog. You can do this by using syrup of ipecac or hydrogen peroxide. It would also be advisable to save the specimen if possible in order to identify if it is really a poisonous mushroom and what antidote will be given. Call your veterinarian in case your dog accidentally ate a mushroom. Delayed action such as calling for an expert’s advice can cause your dog’s life.
Post by: Adrian Sau